Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our Disclosure for more info.
Adidas launched this shoe that honors Red Auerbach and his unprecedented 9 NBA titles. Styled in rich leather, with laser etchings of his famous players, the Celtics logo and his iconic cigar.
Style features of these collectible shoes include:
- Laser-etched pattern all over upper pays tribute to Red’s famous celebratory cigar, his 16 championships, 938 wins, the retired #2 jersey and the Celtics logo
- Embroidered design on back of tongue features C50C = Chuck Cooper as the first African-American drafted in the NBA in 1950; B66R = Bill Russell as the first African-American NBA coach; and 63FIVE64 = the first all African-American starting 5 in 63-64
- Sockliner features Auerbach’s quote, “I never handle players. You handle animals. You treat players with respect.”
- Each pair is numbered 00-938 on the heel; Silhouette of Red Auerbach from Ceremony in Boston on the heel
- Clear outsole with parquet floor pattern to emulate the Boston Garden floor
- Full grain leather upper for comfort and soft feel
- Men’s Red Auerbach Tribute Shoes is available exclusively at Adidas.com Hurry, only 938 pairs produced!
These are long sold out but we have found them from time to time on Ebay & Poshmark! Like this listing on Ebay for $200
ULTRA RARE NWB VTG 2007 OG Adidas NBA Boston Celtics Red Auerbach Tribute Size 9
3 thoughts on “Adidas Tribute to Red Auerbach Tribute”
Pingback: Sport The Style » Tribute to Red Auerbach
Anyone has a pair (9.5 or 10) for sale?
Yo Bernie I got a pair how much you willing to pay