If you really must wear heels, then it is a must that you know how to pick one that will make your feet more comfortable. Remember that, you don’t have to sacrifice convenience for being fashionable. Keep in mind that, the key to good fashion is comfort.
So, what is the right way to choose heels?
- Perfect fit is the key. Always remember that you will never ever feel comfort if you are wearing shoes that is too big or too small for you. This is why you should always look for shoes which fits your feet perfectly. This is why it is best to buy shoes in the afternoon. Why? Well, this is because your feet will have expanded already due to stress and heat from walking around the whole day. If you find shoes that fits your feet perfectly at 7a.m, there is a big chance that this will be a different story at around 5 p.m. It is important that your feet have an adequate breathing room inside your shoes. If your toes are squeezed together, that will surely be a big pain in the ass.
- Carefully choose the fabrics. Most fabrics allow your foot to breathe normally and of course, there are some who will suffocate your feet. Leather is the ideal material to choose. On the other hands, plastics will just give you foot odor because of your feet’s trapped sweat.
- Determine at which heel height that your feet will feel most comfortable. Different people have different preferences for heel height. For example, your friend can be used to wearing shoes that have 4-5 inches heels while you are more comfortable with just 2-3 inches heels. The usual height range of heels that most women used is about two to three inches. Wearing shoes with this heel height will not cause problems to your knees and back.
- Opt for a more stable heel. There are different type of heels—wedges, kitten, chunky, cone, cuban and spool. Regardless of the type of heel that you like, a solid type of heel means that it has wide top that will taper to a thin end. A stable heel will provide you with the sufficient amount of support that your feet need. Generally, a stable heel will mean thick, chunky heels that will give you lesser chances of tripping.
- Look for shoes that have padding. A padding is a great protection from any blisters or callouses that you may get from wearing shoes with heels. Also, breaking in new shoes before actually wearing them is also a must-do.