Deckers Outdoor Corporation recently offered me the opportunity to wear and review their new Tsubo Hepti in Dark Chocolate Suede / Terracota. I was a bit leery of liking them at first, but after wearing them awhile, I love them!
They originally sent me a size 7.5 – my normal shoe size. Sometimes I need an 8 if the shoe runs small. Well, I couldn’t even get my foot into the size 7.5, either could my size 7 daughter. So I returned them asked for a size 8.5. I was disappointed at first that we were still too tight around my midfoot, yet loose around the ankle. But I decided to keep wearing them to give them the benefit of the doubt. Well, the suede stretched and is no longer tight. I’m presuming now that a size 8 would have been perfect for me after stretching. But I’ll continue to wear thicker stockings.
Every time I’ve wore these with the same color brown socks and dark jeans, and I have gotten a lot of good feedback on the looks of them. I think they would also look cute with cream tights and a long plaid skirt. Pics of me in them will follow in our next His & Hers shoe edition.
My shoe notes:
- The pleated seams (almost looks like piping) on the heels is a unique trait as I like to be “different”.
- I love the colored traction grippers on the soles, not only for the looks of them, but we have a lot of icy patches here in the Midwest right now!
- The open triangular front factors in a sexy appeal – in fact Tsubo’s website calls it an “oh yes” deep-v.
- Available in Black Suede/Gun Metal, Dark Chocolate/Terracota, and/or Fatigue/Dirty Lime.
- Currently on Sale at Zappos.com for $104 with Free Shipping! Regularly $145.
- I recommend ordering a half-size larger than normal.
- Keep in mind they will stretch if too tight at first.
Founded in 1997 and acquired by Deckers in 2008, Tsubo is a progressive, design-driven company that fuses metropolitan style with ergonomic design, ensuring that you will never sacrifice style for comfortm, or vice versa. Read more on Tsubo.com.