My daughter wore her Rampage Karoline Peep-toe Pumps to her high school Homecoming dance, and I must say she looked quite stunning. But comments suggested those shoes to be “disgusting” and “tacky”. So what do you think of these Promiscuous Daena Sandals?
So we’ve established that shoes are a big part of making the Homecoming dress come to life. But what about the hairstyle? Sarah tells us how we can get Stylish Hair for any Occasion…
There are plenty of ways to get the modern hairstyles you see in the glossy pages of fashion magazines. With the right styling products and a little bit of experimentation, your hair can be red-carpet ready for just about any occasion. So sit back, relax, and learn how to do your do like you’ve got a professional stylist on call.
1. Sleek and straight. You can’t go wrong with this sophisticated coif that has been sported by celebrities like Jennifer Anniston and Reese Witherspoon. To get it, you’re going to need to start with a wash and blowout. Use a paddle brush (and a bit of de-frizzing serum such as Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum) to get it pretty straight. Then separate it into sections and straighten away with your favorite flatiron. The line of ghd hair straighteners and hair stylers is a good bet, and they even have a pink flatiron in time for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
2. Perfect curls. If you want to get the amazing curls best portrayed by Taylor Swift, it’s not as hard as you think. All you need is a sturdy set of bobby pins. Wash your hair and towel dry only. Then, while it’s still damp, add some cream with soft hold (try Alba Botanica Soft Hold Style Cream) and separate your hair into sections. Twist each section, loop it around your finger, press the loop flat to your head, and pin it. You can let it air dry, but it will go faster if you use a dryer with a hood extension. Once it’s perfectly dry, take out the pins and spritz your curls for all-night hold.
3. Beachy waves. For this look, try hot rollers on dry hair. When you take them out, let your hair relax a bit, running your fingers through the curls. Once it gets wavy, rub in a bit of Nolita Grit Gel and tousle lightly for the romantic windswept waves that are often seen on the Olsen twins and other casual celebs.
4. Face-framing braids. Steal the look that has been lately worn by Rachel McAdams and Lauren Conrad by simply making one or two loose braids on one side of your face (with dry hair). Flip them over the front of your head and secure them behind the opposite ear. You can either leave the rest of your hair down or pull it into a side bun.
5. A messy bun. Whether they’re high or low, this seemingly devil-may-care look will take more than a few seconds to pull off. Start with slightly damp hair and rub in some texturizing cream like Redken Lush Whip 4 Styling Cream for volume. Pull your hair into a very loose ponytail, leaving out a few face-framing strands. Then begin pinning loose sections of the pony to the base until you have it mostly pinned up. Curl the few remaining strands with an iron and let them relax into waves before finishing off with a shine spray (try Bed Head’s Headrush).
Sarah Danielson is a writer for The Pickup Artist where you can find great tips and advice on dating.